MCP Engineering Plastics Limited are Expanded PTFE suppliers and manufacturers.
Expanded PTFE is manufactured from 100% pure PTFE resin paste extrusion. The expansion process begins with paste extrusion of fine powder PTFE, using typical lubricants or mineral spirits. The lubricant is then completely removed by heat. Expansion can be done by uniaxial or biaxial stretching of PTFE. The biaxial expanded PTFE has an increased tensile strength and improved recovery properties.
Key properties of expanded PTFE:
- Expanded PTFE adapts excellently to the sealing surfaces and compensates for considerable unevenness at changing temperatures and loads
- Chemically inert, hydrophobic, non-flammable, FDA approved.
- Higher permeability to gases and liquids due to its porous structure
- Sealing performance maintained over long term
- Both uni-axial and bi-axial expanded PTFE available ex-stock
- Broad range of sizes and shapes available
- Customised sizes and shapes are available
- Available in thicknesses
- 5mm – 6.0mm
- +10% – 0.0% Tolerance According to ISO 13000 standard and to corporate standard specification
- .031” – .250”
- +10% – 0.0% According to ASTM D3294 standard and to corporate standard specification
- Available in Width / Length
- +3,0% – 0,0% Tolerance According to ISO 13000 standard and to corporate standard specification
- +3,0% – 0,0% According to ASTM D3294 standard and to corporate standard specification
- 5mm – 6.0mm
MCP Engineering Plastics Limited have in-house machining and tooling capabilities. We provide precision cutting, custom made shapes and colours, with full quality product certification.
MCP Engineering Plastics Limited, based on the Hertfordshire and Essex county border, are an established and experienced Expanded PTFE supplier and manufacturer to a range of industries throughout the UK.