MCP Engineering Plastics Limited are Carbon Filled PTFE suppliers and manufacturers.
25% Carbon Filled PTFE has better creep and wear resistance compared to standard PTFE sheet.
PTFE properties are improved with the addition of a carbon filler, providing improved mechanical strength. Carbon fillers improves dimensional stability, raises the heat deflection temperature, improves creep resistance and the dynamic bearing performance.
This grade provides approximately 3½ times higher thermal conductivity than non-reinforced PTFE and will dissipate heat from the bearing surface much faster. Carbon-filled PTFE is black in colour.
Carbon on its own is a brittle material with poor wear properties and low mechanical strength. However, when combined with PTFE, the material develops excellent mechanical and stronger wear properties, it retains the frictional properties of PTFE and so provides a higher-grade alternative for seals and rings in dynamic and high-pressure applications.
Typical applications for 25% Carbon filled PTFE include valve seats, gaskets, washers, shaft bearings, filter housings, shaft seals, slide runners, chemical tank linings, pump and instrument components and electrical insulation parts.
Key Features of 25% Carbon filled PTFE include
- Operating Temperatures ranging from -200°C up to +260°C
- Excellent chemical resistance against virtually all media
- Partially electrically conductive and anti-static
- Improved dimensional stability and creep resistance over standard grades of PTFE
- Improved dynamic bearing performance
- Good sliding properties
- Carbon filled PTFE also provides good thermal conductivity, low permeability and is also electrically conductive making it a good choice for anti-static applications.
MCP Engineering Plastics Limited, based on the Hertfordshire and Essex county border, are an established and experienced Carbon Filled PTFE supplier and manufacturer, to a range of industries throughout the UK.